- Continuing our fund raising campaign for a new, mobile classroom to shelter children and adults during inclement weather.
- Developing new environmental education curricula for Bethel Fifth Graders to learn about and perform water testing along Amazon Creek.
- Designing interpretive signs that will be installed at the new disc golf course near Stewart Pond, and designing and leading field trips at the site.
- Developing new curricula for 4J English Language Learner students to learn science and math concepts through hands-on outdoor learning experiences.
- Collaborating with the City of Eugene and Bureau of Land Management on a new project to train the next generation of land stewards.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Join fellow Oregonians across the state in the #OregoniansGive campaign!
Celebrate generosity and care for your fellow community members this holiday season and donate to help support youth in nature. Visit us today at Oregonians Give to easily donate to a worthy cause. WREN has a number of new projects planned for 2017, read on to see what programs your donation will make possible!
WREN's 2017 plans include:
Saturday, November 5, 2016
Tuesday, November 8th
Join WREN for a wander at this extremely popular birding and exploration site! We will be joined by naturalist Rick Ahrens and BLM Ecologist Sally Villegas to learn more about restoration projects on this site as we enjoy fall migration.
Directions to Meadowlark Prairie: From West 11th, turn right onto Greenhill Rd. Travel to the overlook and park. From Royal Ave, turn left onto Greenhill Rd and park at the overlook across from Greenhill Humane Society. Look for WREN Staff.
For more information, please call (541) 338-7047 or email email@example.com
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Join WREN and the Youth in Nature Partnership this weekend for the 9th annual
Play in the Rain Day!
WREN will be offering two "Animal Signs" walks at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. where we will learn how to identify tracks, scat, and other evidence of animal activity. Please meet at our booth in the White Oak Pavilion to participate in the walks.
Other activities offered at the event will include Campfire Cooking, Tree Climbing, Nature Crafts, Hay Rides, Scavenger Hunts and more!